In seeking to attain transformational fellowship here at Karura CC, we implement the following:
Goal: To enable newcomers to experience the Karura family
- Karibu Ministry: welcomes and serves our first time visitors. Our hospitality team hosts visitors at the Karibu tent; from here, we start the process of incorporating our visitors, who are looking for a church to join, into the life of Karura CC. We seek to introduce them to a network of love and friendship.
- Rudi Ministry: Engages new people within the community, helping them to integrate into the church family within their 3rd or 4th visit to Karura. We enable them connect with the Karura family and set them on the path to develop quality relationships and accountability.
- Plug-In: This is a 12 weeks training experience aimed at cultivating new members, volunteers and church leaders with a view to enhancing commitment to the Karura family. Plug-In is the main avenue into Church membership. The Program Plugs you into God, and His purpose for your life. It helps you to:
- Grow in your relationship with God; this is what you were created for!
- Know what you believe-understand your faith better.
- Become a connected and vibrant part of Karura CC, as you serve, grow and make friends.
- Ombi and Baptism: In response to the great commission of making disciples who make other disciples, we seek to equip people with the tool of prayer through a 10 weeks training program that produces a new experience in your prayer life. We also conduct a 3 days training to our new believers that culminates in a baptism by immersion.
Goal: To become a Church where nobody walks alone
- Affinity Groups: While the centre for affiliation remains in the CLGs there are need-based activities for affinity groups such as Men’s, Women’s, Singles, Couples and Hekima groups. These create avenues where people in the same station of life can relate with and impact each other in their specific areas of need. These groups meet for fellowship, prayer, topical discussions of interest and outdoor activities.
- Family Life & Marriage Enrichment: There is a well established Pre-marital counselling programme; and Parenting classes in partnership with Children Ministry.
- Pastoral Support, Visitation and Care: We intentionally provide care and nurture for those in need within our Church family. We build the presence and relevant support of the Church body in the lives of members individually and corporately. The CLGs develop a closer Care function to the members.